October 5, 2025: On Sunday evening in Minoh, Osaka, I watched the movie "One Battle After Another." It was a fast-paced and entertaining film with a very distinctive atmosphere. I was quite surprised to see the karate kata "Heian Nidan" featured in the movie. After the movie, I enjoyed my favorite Osaka specialty, okonomiyaki. I watched the movie "Killers of the Flower Moon" two years ago. Both "One Battle after Another" and "Killers of the Flower Moon" star Leonardo DiCaprio and deal with social issues in the United States, but their styles are completely different. The former is fast-paced and entertainment-oriented, treating social themes lightly, while the latter portrays a historical tragedy with depth, delving deeply into moral and racial issues. Through both films, DiCaprio’s remarkable range as an actor truly stands out.
May 1, 2026: Watched "The Devil Wears Prada 2” in Osaka. It was a highly positive and enjoyable film that leaves you feeling energized and uplifted. Hearing Vogue by Madonna brought back wonderful memories, as it was one of the biggest hits when I was on assignment in the United States. At Starbucks, I ordered Miranda’s latte, a special collaboration drink inspired by this movie. May 11, 2026: I enjoyed breakfast at Starbucks in Hattori Ryokuchi Park on a gorgeous, crystal-clear May morning. May 23, 2026: Breakfast, Movie & Lunch in Minoh Kayano
August 1, 2026: After a Whopper breakfast at Burger King and the latest Spider-Man movie in Minoh, Osaka, I went for a walk toward Minoh Waterfall for some exercise. A refreshing breeze along the shaded mountain trail beside the river made the walk especially enjoyable despite the midsummer heat. https://tedsogo2021.blogspot.com/2026/08/august-1-2-2026-summer-weekend-in-minoh.html?m=1 It was my first Spider-Man movie, so I must have missed many of the connections to the earlier films. Even so, I enjoyed it well enough. In summer, Minoh Waterfall is a lush green retreat that is about 7°C (13°F) cooler than downtown Osaka. Hiking through the vibrant greenery while listening to the gentle sound of the river is one of the area's greatest pleasures. I had lunch at a charming soba restaurant along the mountain trail. August 2, 2026: Breakfast at ALOHA CAFE in Hattori Ryokuchi Park.
Comments
Post a Comment